- Preheat oven to 400F/200C.
- Prepare the spice mix. In a small bowl, combine all the spices (cumin, sweet paprika, coriander, garlic powder, salt and cinnamon). Set aside.
- Place sweet potato cubes in the middle of a baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with about 3 teaspoons of spice mix. Toss thoroughly to coat sweet potatoes on all sides (I like to use my hands for that!) and spread them on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, prepare the dressing. In a bowl, mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, toss the sweet potatoes and set aside a bit to make room for the chickpeas. Drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil, sprinkle with remaining spices (about 2 teaspoons) and toss to coat (not with your hands this time, it’s too hot!). Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Remove baking sheet for the oven, mix together the sweet potatoes and chickpeas and let cool a bit while you finish preparing the salad.
- Place torn kale leaves in a large salad/serving bowl, drizzle with half the dressing and toss thoroughly until every bit of kale is well coated. Top with sweet potatoes and chickpeas, and drizzle nicely with the remaining half of the dressing. Serve and enjoy!
Ingredients1 Large Sweet Potato ) (skin on, cubed into 1/2” - 1 cm pieces about 4 cups cubed)
1 can 400 Grams Can Chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
1 1/2 tbsps Olive Oil (divided)
4 cups Kale ) (torn into bits don’t pack the cups, you can also use your favorite mixed greens)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Sweet Paprika
1/2 tsp Coriander
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
2 tbsps Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsps White Wine Vinegar
1 1/2 tsps Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Honey
1 clove Garlic Clove (minced very finely)
2 tbsps Fresh Parsley (chopped)
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 pinch Freshly Cracked Pepper (to taste)